This is what you will do:
The Genomic Medicine group at Alexion Pharmaceuticals, AstraZeneca Rare Disease, has an outstanding opportunity for an Associate/Senior Associate position within the Genomic Medicine Group. We seek a highly motivated, curious, and detail-oriented individual with strong technical and problem-solving skills that would like to join our Rare Neurological and Rare Neuromuscular disorders team.
The candidate will contribute to data generation, collaborate in discovering high-quality drug candidates, and will help build data packages to advance programs to IND.
You will be responsible for:
- Perform molecular biology assays, including RNA/DNA extraction, droplet digital PCR (ddPCR), quantitative PCR (qPCR), protein extraction and expression analysis from tissues and cell lines.
- Perform cell culture maintenance, transfection, and downstream analysis.
- Assist with in vivo rodent studies, harvesting, and ex vivo analysis of samples
- Analyze and interpret data using various analytics tools and software (e.g. Excel, GraphPad Prism, etc).
- Document experiment design and results in electronic lab notebook.
- Compilation, analysis, interpretation, and communication of data to program teams.
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of experience or Master with (1-2 years of experience) in biology, or a relevant field
- 1-3 years of industry or academic experience
- Demonstrated experience in cell/tissue processing, RNA and DNA extraction gene expression analysis, PCR, qPCR.
- Experience with plate reader assays.
- Proficiency in protein extraction and analysis, eg. Western Blot
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with multiple individuals.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and to switch focus as needed.
- Strong desire to learn multiple techniques and willingness to provide support as required.
- Ability to keep accurate and organized records in electronic lab notebook.
- This position is laboratory based.
We would prefer for you to have:
- In vivo experience, dosing, and tissue harvesting
- Gene expression by ddPCR analysis
- Protein expression by Jess analysis
- The duties of this role are generally conducted in a lab environment. As is typical of a lab-based role, employees must be able, with or without an accommodation to: lift/carry 15/30 pounds unassisted/assisted; work comfortably in a controlled environment with and around biological, infectious, and hazardous materials
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working give us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn’t mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.