Manager, Global Supply Planning
The Manager of Global Supply Planning is a key role within the Global Supply Chain organization in Alexion Pharmaceuticals. As Alexion continues to expand its commercial portfolio and increasing complexity this role will play an important part in managing and leading the day-to-day and medium-term, supply chain planning activities for a portfolio of products. Collaborating with the strategic planning team, internal/external sites, quality, regulatory and NPI planning groups. The successful candidate will manage Supply Chain Planning activities to formulate a master production schedule(s) to meet demand requirements, budget/ forecasts timelines and maintain stock levels to agreed targets within markets. As part of the Global Planning team, you will be expected to have proven supply chain operational expertise, strong leadership and excellent collaboration skills. Direct experience in managing end-to-end Large & Small molecule planning is essential. This is a tremendous opportunity for a candidate with a strong business acumen coupled with intellectual curiosity to drive and influence the business.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate cross-functional Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) and Sales and Execution (S&OE) process focusing on maintaining patient supply, taking into account agreed in-market targets and regulatory constraints as per the monograph.
- Implement and maintain product parameters across the network within OMP to drive replenishment and resulting inventory at decoupling points and in markets based on market demand and agreed targets, while maintaining specific OMP master data.
- Maintain target inventory levels for DS/DP/FP in the short/medium term horizon, ensuring inventory available at the right time and location to allow for efficient planning and production to be unlocked adhering to our values of speed, growth, and agility.
- Responsible for batch allocation to meet base plan aligned to monograph and regulatory approvals, maintaining ring-fenced inventory where necessary.
- Responsible for projecting and controlling inventory across the entire supply network within established guidelines, working with finance and other groups to minimize any risk of obsolescence. Working towards automation of system reporting and scenario planning
- Responsible for carrying out scenario modelling for the portfolio of products dependent on internal/external factors and considerations, aligning with strategic planning, Internal/External manufacturing functions and regulatory on implications where appropriate.
- Anticipate and monitor potential problems, taking actions to mitigate any risks or issues, troubleshoots specific challenges, facilitating and actively contributing to cross functional meetings – following agreed escalation paths to communicate, inform and align on solutions or alternative scenarios with all stakeholders.
- Drive escalation’s, mitigations & hyper care activities when required to ensure no risk to patient supply.
- Be the point of contact for escalations and drive production alignment meetings with Internal sites and External Manufacturing & Operation (EM&O) through monthly MPS meetings and facilitate creation of Purchase Orders as per latest contractual commitments.
- Provide updates to Clinical on manufacturing/batch allocation and amendments to schedules.
- Manage and report on Network Performance, KPI Tracking, risks & issues as part of weekly/monthly reports. Applying action plans to improve result of KPI’s related to planning, detailing the status of on-going projects and initiatives.
- Partner with other areas within Alexion to work on lean initiatives, streamlining processes, implementing efficiency improvements across the value chain as part of project Core.
- Develop close working relationships at all levels of the Company and in all departments to ensure the best supply planning operation that supports the business.
- Execute professional activities in compliance with cGMP guidelines.
- Third Level Degree qualification in a relevant discipline is desired
- 6 years+ in Supply Planning, Strategic Planning or associated experience
- Advanced level in MS Excel and intermediate level in other MS applications essential
- Advanced analytical skills and high attention to detail essential
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain Planning concepts and strategies
- Prior experience with Advanced Supply Chain Planning Systems essential
- Knowledge of planning processes and distribution planning principles
- Ability to cope with fast-paced and dynamic business environment
- Prior SAP functional skills are preferred but not essential
- Familiarity with concepts of cGMP
- Ability to communicate and lead cross functional projects
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.